Controls/Automation Service Engineer Job Summary:
- High School Diploma or GED
- BSEE or BSECE with 1-3 years’ experience servicing, troubleshooting and programming industrial PLC/PC based control systems.
- This opportunity could require global travel.
- Responsible for testing, troubleshooting and servicing PLC/PC based controls.
- Strong PLC programming and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Allen Bradley Control Logix and Siemens S7 PLC programming.
- Allen Bradley and Siemens HMI programming experience.
- Ethernet, Profibus and Profinet networking experience.
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Will handle miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Foreign language skills desired.
- Good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include: Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Strong communication and follow-up skills.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- The ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong presentation skills in person and on the telephone.
- Must be able to read understand electrical schematics and mechanical prints.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to read printed word, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to bend, reach and climb.
- Must be able to travel on short notice by public transportation including (i.e.: aircrafts, trains, bus, cars) domestically and internationally.
- Work environment involves situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Must disclose any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- Must be able to sit at a work station for long periods of time and able to traverse the building.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination, drug screen and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment • an E-Verify Employer