Field Service Technician Job Summary:
A candidate will provide assistance in the areas of installation, start-up, trouble-shooting and preventative maintenance on Inductotherm Corp. large capital equipment at customer’s plant site or related designated areas.
- High school or GED
- BSEE or BSME preferred with 2-3 years’ experience with installation, repair, engineering and foundry.
- Provide service and support for repair/maintenance of new and existing equipment, including start-up and commissioning. Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment on-site.
- Must be familiar with electricity & test equipment and able to use volt meter and o-scope.
- Able to read, comprehend wire schematics and blueprints.
- Must be able to travel worldwide – 80 – 90% of the time. Must have valid driver’s license, able to drive an automobile and travel in own transportation to and from office while on local jobs.
- Produce timely and detailed service and expense reports.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and exercise good judgment with no direct supervision.
- Will be required to complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High voltage/power experience.
- Able to read mechanical, hydraulic and water prints.
- Able to speak foreign languages, a plus.
- Foundry experience, a plus.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work: heavy lifting, climbing, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds, and standing for long periods.
- Work environment involves situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Able to work in extreme conditions, i.e.: hot, cold, dirty environment.
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must have valid driver’s license and able to drive an automobile.
- Must be able to sit at a work station for long periods of time and able to traverse the building.
- Must be able to read printed word, write, speak and understand English.
- Must disclose any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Inductotherm Corp. hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, drug testing, and a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment • an E-Verify Employer