Mechanical Drafter / Designer Job Summary:
Draftsman will be responsible for creating drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of machinery and mechanical devices. Must have experience in machine design drafting, weldment and assemblies.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years Formal Drafting Training or Equivalent.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCad/SolidWorks.
- Knowledgeable in standard drafting practices.
- Compute mechanical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components of machinery.
- Experience in machine design drafting, including weldment and assemblies.
- Able to read measuring devices (tape measures, rulers, Vernier calipers).
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Create and store drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
- Prepare variations of design and explain concepts to manufacturers.
- Must be in regular attendance and able to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Will be required to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Must be able to handle miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak foreign languages.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to read printed word, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must have valid driver’s license and able to drive an automobile.
- Must be able to travel on short notice by public transportation including (i.e.: aircrafts, trains, bus, cars) domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to sit at a work station for long periods of time and able to traverse the building.
- Must disclose any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Inductotherm Corp. hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, drug testing, and a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment • an E-Verify Employer