Two-year technical degree in Electrical Engineering, Technology or experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Performs the set-up, calibration, testing and troubleshooting of circuits; components, instruments and mechanical assemblies. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts tests of new components, assemblies and systems based on test criteria as established by policies and procedures or written test plans.
- Conducts various performance tests of the company’s product in accordance with test criteria established by policies and procedures or written test plans and maintains accurate records of test results.
- Able to accurately measure readings from analog type measuring instruments, i.e.: multimeter, powermeter and temperature meter, etc.
- Ability to work with high voltage in the Power Test area: (1150, 575, 480, 380 VAC) (600-1650 VDC).
- Knowledge of single and 3-phase electrical circuits (high power), and knowledge of analog and digital electronic circuitry.
- Perform physical inspection and the functional inspection of electrical components.
- Good basic math skills – adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, working with fractions and transposing equations.
- Good mechanical aptitude – able to perform basic plumbing, wiring and able to use basic hand tools, i.e.; drill, wrench, screw driver, etc.
- Able to operate overhead crane.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Will be required to perform general housekeeping as required.
- Must be regular in attendance and able and willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Will be required to complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Able to solder and braze (plumbing) .
- Able to operate and drive a forklift.
- Able to perform test melts.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Considerable physical activity and physical presence at worksite is required. Requires heavy physical work: heavy lifting, climbing, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds, and standing for 8-10 hours per day.
- Work environment involves situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Must be able to see, have good perception, and distinguish between colors.
- Must be very coordinated, dexterous and have good strength (able to use both hands).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel on short notice by public transportation including (ie: aircrafts, trains, bus, cars) domestically and internationally.
- Must make us aware of any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- The maximum weight to be lifted will be based on NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) guidelines based on specific lift conditions.
Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer ● Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment ● an E-Verify Employer