Welding Experience Required!
High School diploma or GED; 2+ years of assembly experience preferred. Position requires manual dexterity and strength to shape, cut, and bend copper bus bar for assembly, the ability to build furnace or coil assemblies in a proficient and timely manner and to meet all specifications. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recognize and assure correct setup of coil windings.
- Possess the ability and knowledge to TIG or MIG weld.
- Dimensionally check work utilizing applicable measuring instruments such as calipers, micrometers, gauges, scales.
- Setup and utilize properly all applicable fixtures, aids: adapt tooling to new uses or work without tooling as necessary to complete work assignments.
- Layout, measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on material according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, and presses, forming rolls to cut, bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, buff, or smooth surfaces, seams, or joints of assembled parts, using hand tools or portable power tools.
- Perform rework, repair, and modification as directed.
- Good basic math skills – adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and working with fractions.
- Use solvents, degreasers, abrasives and other cleaning agents to clean work prior to solder and assembly as required.
- Good mechanical aptitude – hardware sizes, plumbing fittings, tools, proper size tips for brazing, know proper size soldering sticks, must be able to demonstrate good soldering and brazing skills.
- Must be able to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and specifications
- Will be required to maintain a safe working environment for oneself and co-workers at all times.
- Will be required to perform general housekeeping as required.
- Must be regular in attendance and able and willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
- Must be willing to attend classes/training to improve basic skills and non-essential functions.
- Will be required to complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Ability to operate overhead crane and drive a forklift.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work: heavy lifting, climbing, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds, and standing for 8-10 hours per day.
- Work environment involves situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment.
- Must be able to see, have good perception, and distinguish between colors.
- Must be very coordinated, dexterous and have good strength (able to use both hands).
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel on short notice by public transportation including (i.e.: aircrafts, trains, bus, cars) domestically and internationally.
- Must make us aware of any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- The maximum weight to be lifted will be based on NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) guidelines based on specific lift conditions.
Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer ● Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment ● an E-Verify Employer