Candidates work on bench assemblies, putting together components with hardware. Brazing & soldering of manifolds, copper pipe/tube and fittings together using oxy/propylene fuel. Position requires manual dexterity and strength to shape, cut, and to bend copper bus bar for assembly, the ability to build furnace or coil assemblies in a proficient and timely manner and to meet all specifications. Assemblies are small in nature requiring no heavy lifting. Welding experience is a plus.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Good basic math skills – adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and working with fractions.
• Able to read measuring devices – rulers, tape measures, squares, levels, Vernier’s, and formulas.
• Good mechanical aptitude – able to use hand tools.
• Must be responsible in the handling and care of equipment and tools.
• Must be able to read and comprehend mechanical drawings and specifications.
• Will be required to maintain a safe working environment for oneself and co-workers at all times.
• Will be required to perform general housekeeping as required.
• Must be regular in attendance and able and willing to work a reasonable amount of overtime.
• Must be willing to attend classes/training to improve basic skills and non-essential functions.
• Able to operate overhead crane, drive a forklift and pallet truck.
• Able to operate power tools, i.e.: band saw, shear, hydraulic press, hydraulic bender, drill press, table disk sander, etc.
• Know proper size tips for brazing and soldering sticks.
• Able to demonstrate good soldering, brazing and welding skills.
• Able to read and comprehend mechanical drawings.
• Able to read, comprehend and wire from schematics.
Essential Physical Requirements:
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Must be able to see, have good perception, and distinguish between colors.
• Must be able to climb and stand for 8-10 hours per day.
• Must be very coordinated (able to use both hands).
• Must be dexterous, have good strength, and be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
• Must be able to travel on short notice by public transportation including (i.e.: aircrafts, trains, bus, cars) domestically and internationally.
• Must have valid driver’s license and able to drive an automobile.
• Must disclose any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Condition of Employment:
• Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Inductotherm Corp. hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, drug testing, and a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment • an E-Verify Employer