BS or BA degree with 2-3 years’ experience as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment purchasing a variety of general and specialized items such as: Low voltage and High voltage, electrical and electronic components. Some experience in purchasing metal fabrication, machine parts preferred. We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Good practical knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Negotiate prices, quantities and delivery time-scales.
- Negotiate commercial contract arrangements with suppliers.
- Source suppliers by various means and from foreign markets, such as China, India & Europe.
- Analyze buying patterns and predict future trends.
- Must be able to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Occasional travel (Domestic or International) to meet with suppliers.
- Must be regular in attendance and able and willing to work overtime as required.
- Will be required to complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Familiar with AS400 Software Database.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to hear and speak on phone.
- Must be able to sit for long periods.
- Must be able to traverse the building.
- Must be able to use public transportation, ie: plane, train, bus, etc.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have neat business like appearance.
- Must make us aware of any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- The maximum weight to be lifted will be based on NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) guidelines based on specific lift conditions.
Condition of Employment:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Equal Opportunity Employer ● Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment ● an E-Verify Employer