Buyer / Purchasing Agent Job Summary:
We are looking for a Buyer / Purchasing Agent with experience in a manufacturing environment purchasing a variety of general and specialized items such as: Low voltage and High voltage, electrical and electronic components. Some experience in purchasing metal fabrication, machine parts preferred.
- Associate’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or Finance
- 5-7 years’ experience as a Buyer, is a plus
- Good practical knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Negotiate prices, quantities and delivery time-scales.
- Negotiate commercial contract arrangements with suppliers.
- Source suppliers by various means and from global markets.
- Analyze buying patterns and predict future trends.
- Must be able to make decisions within the scope of assigned authority.
- Occasional travel (Domestic or International) to meet with suppliers.
- Must be regular in attendance and be able to and willing to work hours as required to get the job done.
- Will be required to complete miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Familiar with AS400 Software Database.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to read printed word, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to bend and reach.
- Must have valid driver’s license and able to drive an automobile.
- Must be able to sit at a work station for long periods of time and able to traverse the building.
- Must disclose any surgical implants, pins, braces or other devices that could be affected by induction fields.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Condition of Employment:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the Inductotherm Corp. hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, drug testing, and a background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer • Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Non-smoking Environment • an E-Verify Employer